Thursday, April 7, 2016

Short Advice Thursday

1. What should I do if I don't get into my school/program of choice? The best thing to do in this situation is talk to an adviser. There are many options, including going to a different school then transferring in, gaining some job experience to help you get in, or  deciding on an other college that will meet your needs.

2. How would you come out to your parents if you were LGBTQ? If it were me, I would get comfortable with myself before coming out to my parents. Coming out is a difficult process, but the main thing is that you are happy and comfortable. This is a question that is hard to answer, you know your parents best. Just try to understand that it can be uncomfortable and hard for them to understand. You can't control their reactions, but just know you have the right to be your true self.

3. Why do parents think/act like they know everything? They have lived longer, so they have had more experiences. However, they do not know everything. Maybe they feel there age makes them wiser.


No comments:

Post a Comment