Monday, June 1, 2015

Sad Posts

First of all, there are billions of people on facebook, which I'm sure we all know. Some peoples profiles are set to private and some to public. Depending on what your posting and what your profession is, it might be a good idea to set your profile to private. When it is public anyone can access your information (employers, employees, crazy ex's, cops, etc). That is a whole different story though, so let me get back on track.


As a caring person, when I see someone post something about being sad, depressed, suicidal, etc. I take it seriously. People do go through hard times and I understand that. Facebook can be used for reaching out, however I take it seriously. If you are upset enough to post something bad on facebook, then chances are I will message you about it (depending on how serious it is). Personally, I could not live with myself if something happened to you after you tried to reach out. It could be someone last attempt for people to care or to get the help they need. I will never underestimate someone's feelings.


There are people that hurt themselves or others that have reached out over social media. I recognize that some people do it for attention as well (but that is not what I consider when seeing postings). In my viewpoint if more people reached out, asked questions, and were able to ask for help, there would be less suicides. It's not just about suicide though. Anytime someone is going through a hard time, what is wrong with reaching out. Do most people not reach out because they are scared of being rejected or they don't want to get involved?




For those of you that experience this, I challenge you to message the person next time. You can't force them to talk to you if the don't want to, but at least they know someone cares. I don't care if the person is your best friend or worst enemy. Let me know if you have tried this, plan to try this, or have a story on this topic. I look forward to hearing from you. If you are trying it for the first time after reading this post, let me know how it goes as well.


P.S. You can try this on other sites besides facebook. I say facebook because that's what I am on most the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment