Sunday, June 28, 2015

Taxi Brooklyn (and the "isms")

Recently I have been watching a show on Netflix called Taxi Brooklyn. For those of you that have not seen it, it is about a taxi driver who drives an on duty cop around. It is not nearly as lame as it sounds lol. They build a weird and funny friendship along the way. The investigations are interesting and the story line is normally good. One day if you are bored I would suggest watching this show.

While I was watching tonight, this clip caught my eye. Many people in this world are judgmental. This clip shows a man (the suspect in this case) following some pretty typical stereotypes. He claims that he is the one who deserves to have rights, while other people do not. The main character, who has short hair and is a cop, he calls a lesbian. He doesn't want to talk to anyone who isn't white. The only people he likes are white "normal" males.

Watching things like this makes me cringe, but I hope it spreads awareness. Everyone is human and we have no right to act like we are above anyone. Hopefully you weren't offended by the clip. The idea behind it is to spread awareness about stereotypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment