Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ohhhh....

I'm at work the other day and I had an interesting moment. Out of everything that happened the other day I don't know why this moments stuck with me.... but it did.

Outside there was a group of people standing in a circle and it looked like a bible study group. I was focused on other things when the girl I was standing next to pointed it out.

At first I thought that's really cool. Then, my co-worker says, "I would never go to church."

I didn't know what to say, so all that came out was, "Oh" as I looked at her. 

She looks at me and continues to tell me about how God had never been there for her when she needed him and how she wants nothing to do with him. In my mind all I could think of is what do you mean he was never there? Did you ever go to him or believe in him? What did you need him to do for you?

Though a million things were going through my mind all I could respond with was, "oh." As I turned around to do other things.

As I worked side by side with this girl, all I could think was what happened that God couldn't help you with? My mind kept thinking about how God is there to guide us and help us through the things in our lives when we turn to him. He doesn't do things for us, but he gives us the tools and attitude to be able to achieve anything (plausible of course). I'm not the type to press my beliefs on others, because it is a personal choice. I just wish her the best in life, but I can't help think about her words.

No comments:

Post a Comment