Thursday, October 11, 2012

THIS DAY!


College is an adventure unlike any other. As I make my way through my third year, I continue my learning. Today I slept through my first two classes. I am exhausted, but I know I have to keep going and trying my best.

The daily debate is what parts of my life to cut out. I would like some guidance, but don't know who to ask. I can't organize anything right now. My work schedule is unpredictable. I have observations in the morning, school during the day, work or friends in the afternoon, and homework at night. Sleep is one of the last things on my mind, until I realize I can't get out of bed in them morning.

I don't have time for the friends I have now, but I find myself wanting to meet more people. Maybe I just want to be understood by people. How can I do this if I don't even have time for me right now?
All I know at this moment, my life is on a rocket and I have to steer it. These moments are not the ones I will be looking back on when I'm 80. I need to find those moments, those life goals, and that uncontrollable passion for something or someone.

Who do I want to be? Where do I want to go?

Teaching is what I have always wanted to do. But this is where I need to prove my worth. Show I can be someone my students will look up to. Do something more and achieve something more. That's where I'm doing and that is where I need to be. I want to grow in faith and love, forgive, and smile with honesty and compassion.

This is who I am and I'm trying to guide my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment